About Alger, Ohio
The Village of Alger is a small town located in Northwestern Ohio, about 4 miles south of Ada, Ohio and about 16 miles east of Lima.
Population: about 860.
Population Density: about 1,185.9/km2 Square
Total Area: about 0.28 square miles (0.73 km2),
Alger was originally called Jagger and named for Alias Jagger who laid out the town in 1882. It wasn’t until later that the town was renamed Alger after the 20th Governor of Michigan, Russel A. Alger. The village of Alger was officially incorporated in 1896.